Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HellBent


I usually love gay themed films, and I LOVE horror films too. But we all know..they are genre's that can go bad real FAST..So I must say I was quite surprised by this film.


Although I won't say it's the best, or scariest film I have ever seen..It does do a great job in making a typical slasher film. What I liked was that all the main characters are quite likable..A horror film is better when you DON"T want the cast to die.It also doesn't create typical "Stereotypical" over the top ideas of gay men. And it uses the "easy cruising gay pick-up" as a tantalizing way of introducing danger. The killer is sexy and hunky...so if a gay man or a str8 woman would see him..you'd obviously be tempted..But as someone watching the film..you realize that the sexy pick up could be your last. Much more scary, and fun I liked this little film.

If any of you str8 guys can bear some light kissing between guys ...I think you would find a fun little slasher flick here.

No comments: